Search This Blog

Friday, October 27, 2017

Halloween Books to Read if You Don't Like Horror

    I always want to get into the spirit of Halloween and read some Halloween books, but I don't like to read horror. I get scared easily and have an overactive imagination and you can bet when I'm trying to fall asleep I'll start thinking about that time when the character heard footsteps behind them and no one was there. If you're like me and can't stand horror, I've compiled a list of books to read during October. And if you do like horror, feel free to comment your favorite horror book!

  • Ghosts, by Raina Telgemeir (middle grade)
    When sisters Cat and Maya move to a new town in Northern California, they realize that there are ghosts in their town.
(Scare factor: the ghosts are more cute than scary)

  • The Shiver trilogy, by Maggie Stiefvater (YA)
    When Grace Brisbane discovers that the wolves that live in the woods by her house are werewolves, her life changes forever.
  • The Raven Cycle, by Maggie Stiefvater (YA)
    Blue Sargent, the ungifted daughter of a psychic, encounters four boys who are searching for an ancient medieval king, Owen Glendower.
(The photo features the Shiver trilogy and The Raven Cycle, as well as The Scorpio Races, also by Maggie Stiefvater, but not included in this list)



  • The Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling (all ages)
    The series follows the adventures of Harry Potter, a wizard, from the time he is eleven until he is seventeen and his quest to defeat Lord Voldemort.
(The photo doesn't contain the whole series, and the quote on the bookmark is wrong, but you get the idea)

    I hope you enjoyed my list of books to read around Halloween time if you don't like horror. If you have any other books that you think I should have included, feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment