Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2017

Eliza and her Monsters Review

Eliza and her Monsters
Author: Francesca Zappia
Publisher: HarperCollins

Synopsis:
    Eliza Mirk has a very big secret: she is LadyConstellation, the anonymous creator of Monstrous Sea, a comic with millions of fans. She essentially lives online and can't imagine that a life offline would be better. 
    When Wallace, one of Monstrous Sea's biggest fanfiction writers, transfers to her school, the two become reluctant friends. Eliza doesn't feel comfortable sharing her true identity with anyone (only her family knows, and they don't exactly know how popular Monstrous Sea is), and when her secret is finally revealed, every relationship she's ever built falls apart, along with Monstrous Sea. Can Eliza find a way to fix it?

My thoughts:
    I absolutely loved this story! I thought it was insane how popular Eliza's story was! I wish my writing was that popular! :) 
    At the beginning of the story, it seemed strange that Eliza would want to keep her identity secret, but after it's revealed to the general public, it makes perfect sense: the Internet is cruel. 
    I related to Eliza in a way, especially how she felt about her work, because I'm a writer. However, since I can't draw at all, I admire her talents! 
    I thought it was really cool that the author included bits of Monstrous Sea throughout the book and now I wish it was a real story so I could read it!
    Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment